English Communication Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Azizah Soffa Marwah. People usually call me jijah. I was born in Bogor on July 31th 2004. I'm 18 years old but in July i'm going to be 19 years old. I live in Cibinong, Bogor Regency. I am a student at the Creative Media State Polytechnic in Jakarta majoring in publishing. In my spare time, i like to write poetry and some stories, i also like to watch movies especially Korean dramas. 

Material for the final semester exam for General English course

The final test from last semester consisted of four paragraph-based questions about the student's first IIBF experience. Each paragraph is a different type, including narrative, descriptive, expository, and persuasive paragraphs.

A. Narrative Paragraph
A story or a series of events are described in narrative paragraphs. I'll briefly describe my trip to the Jakarta Convention Center, the site of the IIBF, and my experiences there in the narrative paragraph.

B. Descriptive Paragraph
A descriptive paragraph is one that portrays a subject based on the writer's perceptions, emotions, and experiences. I explain the attendees and the numerous stands at IIBF in the summary paragraph.

C. Expository Paragraph
Expository paragraphs are meant to explain something. I define the IIBF event and its objectives in the exposition section. I also identify the organizer and date of the event.

D. Persuasive Paragraph
An invitation to the reader is found in a persuasive paragraph. I advertise IIBF in persuasion by stating that the event is free and outlining the advantages for readers who go there.

General English material during the first semester

In the first semester of the General English course, I studied several materials, namely:

A. Capitalization and Punctuation
Capitalization is the use of capital or uppercase letters. Capitalize place names, surnames, and days of the week. Examples of people's names, such as Bayu, Andri, Herliana and place names, such as Depok, Bandung, Jakarta.

Punctuation is the process of using signs or symbols that function to change a group of words into logical and structured writing. Example:
1. My mom is reading a book. (fullstop)
2. Nita buys carrot, onion, cabbage, and spinach in the market (comma)
3. Who is she? (question mark)

B. Part of Speech
Part of speech is a classification of words categorized by roles and functions in sentences of a language. Part of speech is divided into eight types, namely noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection.

C. Writing Paragraph
In this material, we study paragraphs based on their purpose, namely there are narrative, descriptive, expository, and persuasive paragraphs.

Postingan populer dari blog ini